The Administrative Director for Perioperative Services will provide leadership and direction in meeting the health care needs of patients through the operation, development and expansion of quality, patient-centered, and cost-efficient services of the West Central Region facilities. This leader will formulate proactive action plans in collaboration with system goals. They will execute plans, with and through others, integrating the efforts of various components/entities of the system.
Other opportunities include:
· Ensuring fiscal responsibility and clinical and operational performance improvement initiatives
· Serving as the chairperson for the perioperative governance council and also representing the region in the system perioperative nursing council
· Overseeing three hospitals and collaborating with clinics throughout the region to align processes and drive process improvement
· Serving as an advocate for nursing practice in the perioperative area
· Bachelor of Nursing (BSN); and Master in Nursing (MSN) or other healthcare related field, i.e. MHA, MBA, MPH required.
· 5+ years of dynamic management and operations experience in health care administration required, preferably including an academic hospital or health system environment.
· Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, and negotiation skills.
· Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills.
· In depth knowledge of fiscal management.
· Outstanding skills in budgeting and statistics.
· Knowledgeable of the principles of change management, conflict resolution, and performance improvement.
· Analytical ability to evaluate problem situations and come to appropriate conclusions and solutions.
· Ability to juggle and prioritize several assignments simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity and complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, and to reduce complex notions to relatively simple terms.
· Experience working under pressure and stress of time constraints, complex problems, multiple tasks and emotional issues with high concentration and energy levels.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience in crucial conversations.
· Experience collaborating with interdisciplinary teams in desired.
· CNOR certification preferred.
Reports to: Chief Nursing Officer – West Central region
Direct reports: 3 manager level and 4 individual contributors
Other Key Relationships: Perioperative governance council, system perioperative nursing council, regional perioperative policy committee, surgical and anesthesiology teams, nursing leadership across the region, finance leadership, administrative directors from the surgery service lines in the regional clinics
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine gives our team members access to the very latest science and the very best training, advancing care for all. We’re looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves.