Provides for the safety and security of all persons, assets and property on the assigned IU Health Hospital campus. Actively engages in reporting and notification of safety infractions, the prevention and detection of criminal activity, and prevention of any activity adverse to the health care environment. Ensures proper performance and, compliance with the department's regulations, assists officers and serves as a role model. Responsible for enforcing all federal, state, county and municipal laws; including operating policies and procedures of the hospital campus.
Requires HS grad or GED Equivalent.
• Requires knowledge of city, state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.
• Requires working knowledge of computers and various software programs.
• Requires current non-restricted Indiana Driver?s License and a valid state of Indiana license to carry a firearm.
• Requires ability to successfully complete all requirements for a Hospital Police Officer as set by I.C. 16-18-4-4.
• Ability to meet all mandates as prescribed by the IU Health Region Law Enforcement Governing Board as outlined in I.C. Code 16-18-4.
• Requires the successful completion of the Firearms Proficiency Test with continuous requalification on a semi-annual basis.
• The individual must successfully complete, within one (1) year after the individual is appointed as a hospital police officer, the minimum basic training and educational requirements as approved by the governing board of the hospital and the law enforcement training board.
• Requires successful completion of dispatcher training.
• Must successfully complete training as determined by the Safety and Security Department.
• Requires successful completion of Indiana Law Enforcement Academy Tier II Police Training.
• Must undergo a psychological evaluation.
•Prior law enforcement experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.