Number of openings available and location: 1 Position at North Hospital in Carmel, Indiana (remote)
This position is a 40 hour per week assignment in Carmel, Indiana. Approximate dates of this internship are May 2021 – August 2021. Relocation expenses are not covered by the company.
· Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system and is one of only 38 hospitals in the U.S. to be ranked in eight or more specialties by U.S. News & World Report. A unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. IU Health is comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond.
· IU Health is transforming the way we provide quality care through Lean methods and data analytics. These tools allow leaders and team members to see opportunities for improvement, initiate and sustain change. The Business Analytics intern position is responsible for providing analytical and study support for the IU Health Indianapolis Suburban Region to support the Business Analytics mission: Foster a culture that adapts to changing demand through data-driven decision making.
· This position will help you develop professionally, increase your knowledge of healthcare operations and data analytics, and give you first-hand experience at the forefront of healthcare improvements.
Major responsibilities of the position:
· Support process and productivity improvements, workload planning/forecasting, and capacity utilization.
· Leverage technical skills to perform data collection, process flow and analysis, and data reporting and visualization, and provide recommendations based on these results.
· Lead and participate in Lean team efforts while working on initiatives which require interfacing with all levels of the organization.
Requires current enrollment in an Associate's, Bachelor's, and/or Master's Degree Program.
Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
Currently enrolled in a 4 year undergraduate Industrial Engineering or related program at an accredited university/college.
Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine gives our team members access to the very latest science and the very best training, advancing care for all. We’re looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves.