The Director – Clinical Operations will provide administrative direction to the multi-disciplinary care center with an emphasis on quality management and enhanced customer service. This leader is responsible for providing leadership in all facets of patient care and is accountable for the initiation and completion of business and unit plans that ensure quality while utilizing available resources efficiently. This position is accountable for alignment of the care center vision with the organization mission, values and excellence goals (people, service, financial, clinical). The Director may be responsible for 24-hour accountability. Areas of responsibility include the Trauma Unit, Emergency Department, Center of Hope and Clinical Decision Unit.
· Bachelors of Nursing required from a nationally accredited nursing program. Masters of Nursing or related field is required or currently enrolled.
· Current state of Indiana license as a Registered Nurse is required.
· 7+ years of relevant experience required.
· Basic Life Support certification through AHA required. Other advanced life certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
· Completion of Clinical Specialty Professional Certification is required or must be obtained within 1 year of meeting eligibility requirements.
Reports to: Associate Chief Nursing Officer
Direct reports: 4 Manager level, total span of control around 200 team members
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. Our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine gives our team members access to the very latest science and the very best training, advancing care for all. We’re looking for team members who share the things that matter most to us. People who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day. People who are always ready to apply themselves.