Cleans and sanitizes occupied spaces including but not limited to patient units, office areas, clinics, and treatment/procedural areas, public spaces using various supplies and cleaning equipment. Removes refuse and soiled linens.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
- Requires the ability to clean areas that require technical cleaning including IR/Cardiac Cath/Mother-Baby/NICU/OR/ED.
- Requires the ability to operate light floor equipment for cleaning floors in patient care areas.
- Must be able to lift and transport patients in case of emergency.
- Physical requirements to include: reaching, standing for long periods of time, squatting, bending, carrying and/or lifting supplies and equipment weighing 35 lbs. or more, up to 80% of the time.
- Requires the ability to climb ladders.
- Must be able to wear protective equipment/clothing required by the environment or government regulations such as gowns, gloves, goggles, rubber-soled closed-toe footwear, etc.
- Indiana drivers license and proof of insurance.
- No experience required.
Safeguarding our patients and each other is an important part of how we deliver the best care possible to the communities we serve. As a condition of employment, IU Health requires all new hires to receive various vaccinations, including the influenza and COVID-19 vaccines, barring an approved exemption. New hires will also be provided the option to submit proof of previous vaccination. The COVID-19 vaccine is not required to begin employment; however, all team members need to be fully vaccinated by September 1, 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.